During the audition process, the applicant must demonstrate proficiency in an arts area based on prepared work as well as assigned tasks given during the audition. Eligibility is based on the applicant’s talent, potential, abilities, and evidence of commitment to education based on the student’s most current report card. The audition process is not required for after school or summer program.
Visual Arts Audition
- Applicants present a portfolio of at least three pieces of work.
- Students may be asked to draw a still life during the interview.
- Applicants present a memorized monologue or poem using expression, etc.
- Students may be asked to perform an improvisation situation. (who, what, when, where)
- Students may be given something to read.
- Applicants perform a three-minute dance that a teacher or the student has choreographed. (bring your music)
- Students must come dressed in appropriate dance clothing.
- Students may be asked to follow guided directions and will be taken through basic dance steps and combinations.
- Applicants perform a prepared piece. Be sure and bring written music with you.
- Vocalists will sing acapella.